Copyright

Art & Poetry copyright © 2011 Atlanta Marie Carrera

Sunday, November 8, 2020

Prayers for you in Heaven

I can’t stop the rainfall.
I can’t see the sun.
Crying in the darkness.
Away from everyone.

Footsteps in the hallway,
Echo in my mind.
Fading into memory,
Leaving me behind.

Kisses by my bedside,
Your hand holding mine,
Dreams of laughs together,
Souls so intertwined. 

How I miss your comfort,
How I miss your hugs.
Going on without you
is the hardest thing I’ve done. 

Prayers for you in Heaven,
Prayers received on Earth,
Join us both together,
Giving life new birth. 

Singing in the shower
Sadness, joy and love,
Pouring out emotion,
Prayers of heartfelt faith. 

I feel the Angels praying,
I hear God’s words for us,
Prayers for you in Heaven,
and prayers for me on Earth.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment