Copyright

Art & Poetry copyright © 2011 Atlanta Marie Carrera

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Awake

Awake


Awake


Your words come to me in the strangest of ways.
I am not even certain I hear them.
I am not sure they are from You.
Like a cloud image in the sky,
they appear suddenly and fade just as fast.

You are the sun’s rays shining off the mountain.
blinding my sight, so I can see with my heart.
You are the wind that answers my thoughts,
stirring me to action whenever I doubt.
You are the stars blinking at me,
answering questions I haven’t thought to ask.
You are the rainbow that lifts my spirits,
assuring me when I need it most.

A coincidence of needs fufilled.
A timely message.
When You speak to me, am I listening?
If I could only see though a child’s eyes,
looking at the world with unwavering faith.

In my dreams, You wash over me with peace.
Sending me messages I do not understand.
Desperately trying to tell me something
that I don’t remember.
Was I only dreaming?

But this time, you spoke to me.
There was no mistake.
So clearly, I heard You,
A loud whisper in my ear
calling me, “Daughter!”
waking me from my sleep.
I hear You, Lord!
I am here Lord, I am listening!
I am awake!

No comments:

Post a Comment